The new Casio Protrek PRW-3500 series come with the installment of many unique features that you cannot find in other regular watches. PRW-3500 is the first Protrek watch with both water resistance up to 200 meters and Triple Sensor Ver.3; Casio’s latest technology for bringing you a highly precise readings of compass bearing, barometric pressure and altitude, and also temperature.
Amongst popular tactical watches and watches for outdoor and adventure activities, Casio Protrek PRW-3500 definitely become my top list of those kinda watches. The new Protrek PRW-3500 comes in four different model including ;
- PRW-3500-1 (silver bezel with black resin).
- PRW-3500Y-1 (blue).
- PRW-3500Y-4 (orange bezel with orange resin band).
- PRW-3500T-7 (black bezel with titanium band).
If you are here to find out what makes Casio Protrek PRW-3500 become my favorite watches, you might read the rest of this post.
Improve with Latest Technology
The new triple sensors feature is basically a kind of feature that enables us to pack sensors 95% smaller than previous model which will be directly affected the size of the watch. Due to the smaller sensors, the size of the watch will also be reduced in its most efficient size. These sensors will not only undergo size reduction through 95% packing process but there will be lots of improvement such as energy efficiency and upgraded reading accuracy.
Energy efficiency acts as the advantage that will save the battery from running out too quickly hence we don’t need to change the battery as frequent as we used to be. The “THREE” word in the triple sensors feature means that there are three exceptional features that are parts of this main feature; compass bearing, barometric pressure/altitude, and temperature with high precision.
The new PRW-3500 have been thoroughly optimized and become the first Casio Protrek model to feature both Triple Sensor, Ver. 3 and 200-meter water resistance, so you can be worn with confidence during outdoor water activities such as fishing, kayaking, and river rafting beside other outdoor activities like mountain climber or trekking.
The very first part of this feature is the digital compass. Yes, a device that allows us to locate ourselves in the most accurate way where it is the older version of GPS. This feature will be very helpful especially for people that love to travel around to outdoor places.
It is also going to replace the original compass that is widely used before in a much smaller size and with a neat integration with watch.
The main function of this feature will be seen when we have a detailed map of the place that we are currently visiting. Detailed map and this compass feature will guarantee a precise location where we are standing which may also help us; just in case if we are lost.
The measurement system of this compass is also very effective where it will freeze to measure until a new measurement is intended to be made. There four displays in this watch that will appear when we are measuring a specific location which are the angle value, direction indicator, four direction pointers, and also the bearing memory.
The specialty of this display is that it is able to memorize directions that are previously being measured by the direction measurement function, such a rare feature in tactical watches. The function of this display will show its tremendous benefit when we are under the condition where the visibility is zero due to tall trees or foggy days.
In conclusion, this feature will allow detecting the best direction that we can take in outdoor places.
The second part of this feature is the Barometer. The function of this part is to give a precise prediction of weather patterns hence the accuracy in determining the upcoming weather will be enhanced. The barometer installed in this watch will reading of weather pattern for every two hours and will automatically store them.
The barometric pressures will also be shown as the main display in this feature which will come in the form of graphic. The graphic will show the fluctuation of the pressures that will be able to record up to 30 hours of recording duration. This graphical display will have a range from 260-1,100 hPa/mb with an option to convert the hPa unit into inHg unit.
The fact is that this feature is rarely found in almost every regular tactical watches where with the combination of the compass feature, The barometer feature is certainly great additions and suitable for travelers.
Those two exceptional features is completed with the next part of the triple sensors feature is the Altimeter. This feature will allow us to measure the altitude of the place that we are currently visiting and the measurement of the altitude will be updated every two minutes. The value will be recorded along with the change of the temperature in every 15 minutes.
The range of the measuring will be from -2,300 ft and up to 32,800 ft where it will be shown in the form of graphic. The graphic will be shown by showing your current position which is accompanied with the targeted altitude that we are going to reach.
This feature is surely very useful especially for mountain climbers and trekking enthusiasts. CASIO PROTREK PRW-3500 is definitely the best watch to start your own adventure.
The new PRW-3500 also equipped with Casio’s Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping technology, so factors such as Daylight Saving Time or leap years are handled automatically. The PRW-3500 automatically synchronizes with atomic clocks from all 6 transmission stations worldwide including US, Germany, UK, China and two in Japan (Fukushima and Kyushu) based on the user’s home city setting.
If we took the time to list all of its features of the PRW-3500 series, you’d nod off before the end of the article – not because we’d write it in a boring way, but because there are so many. You can see the full spec here.
If you think, that might seem like a lot for a watch. But when you look at what the watch does, it suddenly becomes very, very reasonable.
- Solar-powered sport watch featuring stainless steel rotating bezel and digital dial with day/date display
- Features Tough Solar Power, Triple Sensor Version 3, multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping, low-temperature resistance, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, sunrise and sunset data, world time, backlight with after-glow, four daily alarms with snooze, 1/10-second stopwatch, countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, and power-saving function
- Solar-powered sport watch featuring bright red strap and digital dial with day/date display
- Features Triple Sensor Version 3, multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping, stainless steel rotating bezel, and power-saving function
- Solar-powered digital watch fully equipped with rotating bezel, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, 48-city world time, four alarms with snooze, stopwatch, 24-hour countdown, and 12/24-hour display
- Solar-powered sport watch with stainless steel rotating bezel featuring digital dial with day/date display and backlight
- Features triple sensor, atomic timekeeping, low-temperature resistance, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, sunrise and sunset data, world time, four daily alarms with snooze, 1/10-second stopwatch, countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, and power-saving function and 56 mm resin case with mineral dial window
- Model number PRW-3500T-7JF Part Number PRW-3500T-7JF
- Model Year 2015
- Case diameter 5.3 centimeters
- Case Thickness 14.8 millimeters
- Item weight 4.48 Ounces
Casio Protrek PRW-3500 series is The Best Choice For Your Own Adventure.
In conclusion, despite of the emergence of many advanced tactical watches in today’s market, CASIO PROTREK PRW-3500 watch still proves itself as the best of its class with the implementation of three exceptional features.
If you want to discover the experience of using this advanced feature then it is strongly recommended for you to get this watch as soon as possible. With standard features like these, the new PRW-3500 can be worn with complete confidence.
Casio Protrek PRW-3500 Series is a great looking tactical watch with positive display and lots of features, made for the true outdoor enthusiasts!
- - Awesome features and functions
- - Triple Sensors
- - One of the best outdoor watches with affordable price.
- - Perfect for a smaller wrist
- - For some people, the display is to small.